Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > General Smokers Discussion » My new Lucky Strike Alternative ?

My new Lucky Strike Alternative ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 03:21 PM

RudyLS is on a distinguished road
Default My new Lucky Strike Alternative ?

Well guys , $9.59 a pack and one store selling LS'es has forced me to look for different options. Spending $100 a week on cigs in FL is insane.

I tried Camel Straights befeore , and although I liked them -- I didn't think they were any way near on par with Lucks.

Last week I saw camels again for $7.00 at my local cvs. I bought em' and WOW , just as good if not BETTER then LS. I assume the pack I had previously bought was stale.

So I've been smoking camel NF for a few weeks. I woke up very early this morning and was cigless. CVS didn't open for a few hours so i bought a pack of Camel Filters for 5 bucks. Smoked one and said "no".

- I then went home and did an "expirement" I removed all the cigs , used a sharp scissor , and perfectly cut each filter off.

- I then modified the box by cutting it to the length of the now filter-less cigs.

- I placed the cigs in the box CUT END UP.

- I put the plastic on the box , over the top of the modded box.

- I packed them hard , removed the plastic and used foil to cover the box from an empty cig pack and taped it so it would stick on the box.

I lighte one up and all I can say is -- perfection. These are just as good as the NF camels and LS'es.

Anyone ever do this ? I know the tobacco in NF's is "better" then the filtered ones , but these taste AWESOME . The only difference is the altered camels are shorter then the regular NF.

But from 10 bucks a pack to 5 , with the same satisfaction I thought I would share !

Remember : SMOKING KILLS , if your reading this and not a smoker -- stay that way.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:27 PM

motleydan1 is on a distinguished road

I have tried this before and didnt like the taste.I think they use more rst in the filtered versions which modifies the taste.I may try this again because I agree that Luckies are too high.Reynolds has this market cornered so I doubt we will see the price decrease.Dan
Old 04-17-2012, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by motleydan1 View Post
I have tried this before and didnt like the taste.I think they use more rst in the filtered versions which modifies the taste.I may try this again because I agree that Luckies are too high.Reynolds has this market cornered so I doubt we will see the price decrease.Dan
Dan give the 99s a try and use a siccsor to remove the filter and do the cut clean. You will see the 99 with no filter is the exact same size as a NF.

Please tell me when you try ! I think you would possibly agree with me.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:47 PM

pmilander is on a distinguished road

Ive done that with the 99's and while tasty, it still isnt quite like a toasty LS
Old 04-19-2012, 06:38 PM

the iron horse will become famous soon enough

I'm through with searching for a brand to like.

I'm going to stick with Luckies. (To me they are still the best tasting cig)

I don't inhale (I recommend this to all smokers)

I smoke less than a pack a week (sometimes not at all)

You gotta approach smoking not as a habit, but a choice.

My 2 Cents
Old 06-11-2012, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
I'm through with searching for a brand to like.

I'm going to stick with Luckies. (To me they are still the best tasting cig)

I don't inhale (I recommend this to all smokers)

I smoke less than a pack a week (sometimes not at all)

You gotta approach smoking not as a habit, but a choice.

My 2 Cents
Well , I agree LS are the best . But i don't think anyone starts smoking and thinking if they don't wake up with a cigarette and have a pack a day -- then they want to pull their hair out.

I didn't .

I need my pack +/- 1 or 3 a day or I'll have serious issues. I'm glad you haven't developed into a full blown cig head -- but it's no ones choice to become addicted to a habit that will MOST LIKLEY kill them.

Can some people smoke like you ? Yep. Most can't -- that's why the cancer centers and hospice's are filled with cigarette victims.

Just like anything else -- some people can smoke methamphetamine on occasion , use heroin on occasion , etc ..

But most can't . Cigarettes are scientific high tech products. The tobacco company's hire and pay (very well) the best scientists in the world to study and perfect a product that people will continue to come back and buy ... (become addicted)

I don't see why a lot of people on this forum are "anti-death" when this is talked about (I know you didn't say that) . Media may blow stuff up -- but the fact that the tobacco company's have revenues beyond calculable numbers , and the FACT -- that you can grab 20 random people in the US and ask them to raise their hand if they are sick / know someone sick / died from cigarette smoking and 20 people will raise their hand.

Is smoking a pack a day 100% going to kill you ? No. Are you likley to die very early or get a smoking related terminal illness if you smoke a pack a day from age 20> ? Yes.

Facts are facts , opinions are opinions -- and it's a FACT that cigarettes are one of (if not the most) the most addictive deadly substances in the US.