Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > General Smokers Discussion » Are Unfiltered cigarettes really additive free?

Are Unfiltered cigarettes really additive free?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 05:41 PM

camelsmoker51 is on a distinguished road
Default Are Unfiltered cigarettes really additive free?

I heard somewhere that unfiltered cigarettes are additive free unlike their filtered counterparts and are therefore safer is this true?
Old 12-21-2011, 10:14 PM

motleydan1 is on a distinguished road

Pall Mall,Camel and Lucky Strike are definitely not additive free.Chesterfield is chemical laden also.The only additive free,or so they claim is Natural American Spirit.There may be a few other brands as well that Im not aware of.The non filters probably contain better tobacco and more real tobacco,less reconstituted sheet as I think the taste would change considerably with sheet tobacco.They are not better for you as you are getting the full dose of tar.I do feel better when I smoke Luckies vs say Marlboro or Camel filters.But I believe that the FSC has caused this change in the filtered varieties.I do think that the tobacco companies are pricing the non filter cigarettes too high,2 more bucks a pack is steep for a shorter variety.I most likely will stay with Lucky Strike until I quit or they stop making them.I enjoy smoking and Lucky Strike is the best in my eyes.I cannot enjoy filtered anymore because of the fsc.So if you enjoy smoking and can afford it buy Luckies or Camel no filter.They are truly the best chemical sticks out there imho.Dan
Old 12-24-2011, 09:37 PM

the iron horse will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by motleydan1 View Post
Pall Mall,Camel and Lucky Strike are definitely not additive free.Chesterfield is chemical laden also.The only additive free,or so they claim is Natural American Spirit.There may be a few other brands as well that Im not aware of.The non filters probably contain better tobacco and more real tobacco,less reconstituted sheet as I think the taste would change considerably with sheet tobacco.They are not better for you as you are getting the full dose of tar.I do feel better when I smoke Luckies vs say Marlboro or Camel filters.But I believe that the FSC has caused this change in the filtered varieties.I do think that the tobacco companies are pricing the non filter cigarettes too high,2 more bucks a pack is steep for a shorter variety.I most likely will stay with Lucky Strike until I quit or they stop making them.I enjoy smoking and Lucky Strike is the best in my eyes.I cannot enjoy filtered anymore because of the fsc.So if you enjoy smoking and can afford it buy Luckies or Camel no filter.They are truly the best chemical sticks out there imho.Dan

I agree.

I also smoke Lucky Strikes. I smoke about pack a month.
I'm paying almost seven dollars for a pack here.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:24 PM

PallMallMan2 is on a distinguished road

I agree with MotleyDan1 and IronHorse. I can not smoke filtered cigarettes. Lucky Strike are my second choice, but I favor unfiltered Pall Mall cigarettes. The tobacco store where I purchase cartons of unfiltered Pall Mall cigs always makes sure they are fresh.