Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > Electronic Cigarettes - E Cigarettes » Smoking Electronic Cigarettes on a Plane

Smoking Electronic Cigarettes on a Plane

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

Chief Smoker is on a distinguished road
Default Smoking Electronic Cigarettes on a Plane

I read a great email newsletter today from South Beach Smokes detailing the best way to smoke your e-cig on an airplane. I've smoked my e-cigarettes on a plane before and the flight attendant was a little surprised but then thought it was cool, she must have been a smoker

You can buy South Beach Smokes Here

Save 15% by using coupon code CIGREV15 at Checkout

Nice read for those who are smoking their E-Cigs on a plane...

The laws that ban smoking in public areas (including airplanes) are very specific in that they only target the smoking of tobacco products. The electronic cigarette does not contain any tobacco whatsoever, and only dispenses the liquid nicotine in the form of water vapor. Additionally, since the electronic cigarette is not actually burning anything when you inhale it, no smoke is produced and therefore, smoking it will not set off a smoke alarm or produce the odor of traditional cigarettes. This clever design allows for an inconspicuous smoking experience that is perfectly legal on airplanes.

How to Smoke Your E-Cig on a Plane
It is important to note that because this technology is so new, many people do not know what the electronic cigarette is and using one on an airplane will probably attract some unwanted attention. Here are some tips for using your electronic cigarette up in the air:

* Let the flight attendant know how your electronic cigarette is different from traditional cigarettes. Asking for permission before using it will prevent an altercation with the flight staff or other passengers.

* Hold the electronic cigarette by its tip. By covering up the indicator light on the end you will draw less attention to yourself. Also, holding the electronic cigarette in this unusual way will prevent other passengers from assuming that you are smoking.

* Refer to it as a nicotine-inhaling device instead of a cigarette. By avoiding the word "cigarette," you will probably have more luck getting permission from the flight staff.

* Finally, when all else fails take your electronic cigarette to the lavatory. It may not be the most pleasant place to smoke, but you will definitely avoid the unwanted attention. Remember that the electronic cigarette does not produce smoke so it will not set off the bathroom smoke alarm.

Last edited by Chief Smoker; 10-04-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:01 PM

smokybear is on a distinguished road

What i liked was that these guys, South Beach, automatically send you the refill cartridges if you want that option, which means i don't run out, and don't have to keep going back to the stupid site to reorder, it just happens, presto! Perfect!
Old 10-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

parliamentsrock will become famous soon enoughparliamentsrock will become famous soon enough

I LOVE this brand! I haven't yet smoked on a plane but while waiting for a friend I tried to smoke in the airport and got some very dirty looks because most people don't know what they are yet or whether they are dangerous for them to inhale. I usually don't cover the lit end because I don't want people to think I am hiding a real one or smoking something greener if you know what I mean. I don't usually exhale any water vapor anyway so I am not too concerned yet. I will have a long flight soon though so hoping they won't try and confiscate it. I think the biggest concern authorities have is whether terrorists, or anyone for that matter, will use them as a cover to make a small pipe bomb or something. We will see! I am very curious to hear anyone else's plane story. Happy Smurfing!
Old 11-02-2010, 06:29 AM

Eric89 will become famous soon enough

That means e-cigarettes are not yet allowed at public places...
Old 11-17-2010, 04:09 AM

kenny001 is on a distinguished road
Default Smoking Electronic Cigarettes on a Plane

the electronic cigarette can be used in many public places including the plane, but according to the post, it seems that most of the people in the plane do not know about the electronic cigarette. but thank you for your post all the same.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:44 PM

brain is on a distinguished road
Default Perhaps it is a good thing, at least, I think so

Originally Posted by parliamentsrock View Post
I LOVE this brand! I haven't yet smoked on a plane but while waiting for a friend I tried to smoke in the airport and got some very [URL=http://www.r4king.com/electric-cigarettes-electric-cigarette-starter-kit.html]electric cigarettes[/URL] dirty looks because most people don't know what they are yet or whether they are dangerous for them to inhale. I usually don't cover the lit end because I don't want people to think I am hiding a real one or smoking something greener if you know what I mean. I don't [URL=http://www.r4king.com/e-cig-starter-kit-electronic-cigarette-starter-kit.html]e cigarette starter kit[/URL] usually exhale any water vapor anyway so I am not too concerned yet. I will have a long flight soon though so hoping they won't try and confiscate it. I think the biggest concern authorities have is whether terro[URL=http://www.r4king.com/e-cig-starter-kit-electronic-cigarette-starter-kit.html]e cigarette starter kit[/URL]rists, or anyone for that matter, will use them as a cover to make a small pipe bomb or something. We will see! I am very curious to hear anyone else's plane story. Happy Smurfing!

Perhaps it is a good thing, at least, I think so
Old 05-15-2012, 06:33 PM

Markus is on a distinguished road

Great advice. I didn't think of covering the tip. I have gone to the restroom to vape, however.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:54 PM

mommywoman will become famous soon enough
Default on a plane

YEAH! CHIEF SMOKER. Also, ecig produce no ash, no tar or toxins, therefore no second hand issues or nothing to gunk up lungs. Like you said no smoke. People on forum I belong to suggest asking like you did. My ecig have green tip. Right, no tobacco either. People on ecig.com FDA bans tobacco products from public places. I have read that other countries have banned ecig and Washington state but nobody else. Big push to allow ecig to be approved. FDA trying to ban cause they want you to use their approved methods to quit such as gum, patches, inhalers, lozenges, etc. Cause they are in kahootz with pharmaceutical companies. Way to go chief smoker.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:57 PM

mommywoman will become famous soon enough
Default on plane

Chief smoker, also, some people on site I belong to refer to them as personal vaporizers.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:39 PM

masklofumanto will become famous soon enoughmasklofumanto will become famous soon enough

Actually, New Jersey is the only state that specifically bans ecigarettes where regular smoking is also banned. Same is true in Suffolk county (eastern Long Island), New York.
Stupid, isn't it? Shows that smoking bans perhaps have as much to do with harassing smokers as protecting the health of nonsmokers. Anyway, avoid using ecigs in Newark Liberty International Airport.

Last edited by masklofumanto; 09-12-2012 at 05:40 PM. Reason: typo