Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > Electronic Cigarettes - E Cigarettes » Electronic Cigarettes: Healthy Alternative?

Electronic Cigarettes: Healthy Alternative?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Entry Member

smokerscough is on a distinguished road
Default Electronic Cigarettes: Healthy Alternative?

As we all know, the price of cigarettes, like everything else, has skyrocketed in the last year and this new tax hike is ridiculous. More and more places, even bars and night clubs, are banning cigarettes. I, for one, enjoy being able to smoke where I want and when I want... so finally, a solution?

Well, maybe....

I've known about electronic cigs for a while and I've even tried a few like Smoking Everywhere. There is a new brand I recently came across though and they seem to be the ticket.

Blucigs

I haven't heard too much about the cigs, but they I placed my order today. I don't care too much for having to go outside of bars or restaurants to smoke when the weather isn't so great. More and more places are banning cigarettes and I'd rather adjust than kick the habit.

I'm still going to smoke normal cigarettes every once in a while, because I'm sure there's nothing like the real thing. These just seems to be a great move for me.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Experiences?

~SmokersCough

Last edited by Chief Smoker; 05-05-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:03 AM

wipeout97 is on a distinguished road

Until my cat misplaced my atomizer a few days ago I was using the an e-cig regularly. The smoke is different from that of a regular cigarette but you can definitely tell you are using a nicotine product as the urge for a real smoke almost disappears.

Is it healthier? I believe so without a doubt and there was a write up in the an Australian newspaper about the liquid steam vapor and long term smokers. Basically the steam and vapor help clean your lungs in a much faster than simply stopping smoking all together. My smokers cough disappeared after the first day which is shocking

Flavor? You will want to try certain suppliers out of the UK as they have closer matches to the real taste of a cigarette. Stay away from ebay and certain asian country's e-liquid as it is constantly lacking nicotine. A FF smoker will obviously want the high nicotine level while a light smoker wants the medium and the ultra light smoker wants the low nicotine. Most flavors labeled as "Marlboro" will have a stronger than normal vanilla flavor but everyone who has tried it thus far has liked it. Too big of an inhale and you will think you just smoked an "herbal" cigarette from the coughing.

Other thoughts? Can you smoke this in an airplane as advertised? While the FAA has no stand on the device it is solely up to the fight crew. Other thought would be to buy one with a blue or green led on the end to stop the hateful anti-smokers from walking out of there way to inform you that you are breaking the law by smoking. I egged one on and the woman called the police stating I was smoking around her children. When the cop showed up, she had no children with her and I informed the cop of what it was. The woman got a speech from the cop for making false statements to the police and was furious. I guess that day the facist Nazi Anti-smokers lost one....
Old 05-07-2009, 10:04 AM

wipeout97 is on a distinguished road

For those people wanting to try an e-cigarette, there is a shop of out Honk Kong where you can try one with 10 re-fills for $11 shipped. It is not a long term use e-cig but you will get 3-4 months of use and are out very little if it breaks or gets lost.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:50 PM

Sally is on a distinguished road
Wink Reply

I ordered my blu cigs from the smoke shop on cigreviews main web page. I ordered them last Monday and got them Friday. I have smoked them for 4 days now and I will never go back to regular cigarettes again.

I love the vanilla the most
Old 07-01-2009, 08:53 PM

Sally is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Reply

I have to say I am very upset with my blu. It is not working right and when I call the customer service department I get no resolution, is anyone else having these problems?

I ordered my Liberty from Nationwide Smokes and I got them in 4 days and let me tell you they are wonderful and so much better than blu. I think I am going to take my loss with blu because no matter how many times I ask for a return envelope they never send it so my 30 days are now up. I sent it back with my own money and I still did not receive my refund.

I have tried 4 different electronic cigarettes and I have to say if you want the best electronic cigarette on the market then give Liberty a try.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:36 PM

Jess C is on a distinguished road
Smile

Originally Posted by Sally View Post
I have to say I am very upset with my blu. It is not working right and when I call the customer service department I get no resolution, is anyone else having these problems?

I have tried 4 different electronic cigarettes and I have to say if you want the best electronic cigarette on the market then give Liberty a try.
I ordered from Blu six weeks ago and nothing has come. No emails explaining the delay.

I ordered my Liberty Stix 3 weeks ago from smokes-spirits and it came in 5 days. I am really impressed with this e-cig. I got three flavors of medium strength. The short learning curve lasts only one or two days. I'm smoking this thing like I would a regular cigarette except now, I'm smoking anywhere I want. I've smoked it in a busy restaurant, the post office and at my job. Nobody has accosted me in any way concerning my use of this. It's absolutely great plus I feel better with this. I have more energy and I'm not wheezing when I go to sleep at night.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:28 AM
Entry Member

neskon is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Nicotine is not carcinogen, its exciting and addictive

Many people are confused about nicotine, even cardiologists!
Go to cancer.org and you'll find out that Nicotine is not a carcinogen. What kills in cigarettes are the glue, CO2, CO, tar, and more than 4500 other carcinogenic substances found in the burning oif tobacco and paper.
I switched to an electronic cigarette that resemble the real thing without the 4495 carcinogens, tar, CO, CO2, etc. Its not exactly the same, but after a couple of days, I got used, belive me, now cigarettes taste ackward, its like the first time I had one
Old 10-12-2009, 06:52 PM

cooldude is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to cooldude Send a message via Yahoo to cooldude Send a message via Skype™ to cooldude
Cool

My LiberyStix ecig still works pretty good. You have to change the cartridge when the volume of exhaled steam diminishes. I made one cartridge last the equivalent of a carton of smokes. It's only supposed to last for like two packs of smokes. I'm still using it but, I started making my own cigs so I'm still smoking and not really trying to quit now.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:00 AM

luigi is on a distinguished road

I actually just bought a Vapor King ecig because of FSC's. It is awesome. There are so many flavors and vaping is totally satisfying. I have 2 packs of non FSC Benson & Hedges left (I have been smoking them sparingly), and I have to say after using my Vapor King for the past 3 days the B&H don't taste very good. I have only had 6 cigarettes the past 3 days and I doubt I will have any tomorrow. I vape in the house and there is no cigarette smell, none. I think smoking may be a thing of the past for me...We'll see.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:46 AM
Entry Member

donoldroy is on a distinguished road

Electronic cigarettes may less harmful then normal cigarettes.

But i think you can't tell that as healthy