Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > Electronic Cigarettes - E Cigarettes » Do E-cigs Still Cause Breathing Troubles?

Do E-cigs Still Cause Breathing Troubles?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 12:02 AM

1990smoker will become famous soon enough
Default Do E-cigs Still Cause Breathing Troubles?

I'm thinking of trying out an E-cig, and I just wanna know if they still cause breathing problems. I don't really think it could, since it's just water vapor, and not actual smoke, which contains carbon monoxide. The only ingredients in E-cigs are water, nicotine, flavor and two others (I can't remember what they are).

So, are they really better than real cigarettes, or are they just as bad?
Old 08-31-2012, 01:01 AM

SeanBen is on a distinguished road

No they are not just that bad , in fact a safer alternative to use..It don't cause the breathing problem. So you can look forward for it.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:00 AM

ecig-guy is on a distinguished road
Talking 1990 im new here

Sorry for late reply. Just wanted to let you know ive been vaping ("smoking" e-cigarettes for 3 years) I was a 20 year smoking that had a hard time walking up from the basement with a full laundry basket. Now I run up those stairs and run 3 miles a day. Ive hiking 6 of the major mountains on the east coast since I stopped smoking tradirional cigs.

I will tell you in the beginning it seems a little strange uses an e-cigarette and I was coughing a lot after 2 Weeks. I went to see my Dr and he told me the coughing was being caused by my lungs clearing up and healing from the 20 years of abuse.

Propylene Glycol and/or Vegtable glycerin are the base chemicals in most e-juice (I recommend vaporgurus.com) . warning some prefilled cartridges have been found to contain other chemicals.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:53 PM

mrsmiley is on a distinguished road

so if theres no smoke do the same laws apply ? can you smoke indoors and at restaurants etc?
isn't a patch cheaper(and more discreet) ?
Old 10-15-2012, 06:53 AM

ECBuggie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mrsmiley View Post
so if theres no smoke do the same laws apply ? can you smoke indoors and at restaurants etc?
isn't a patch cheaper(and more discreet) ?
Since there is no second hand smoke involved, you should be allowed to smoke in public places.

This doesn't necessarily mean that you will be allowed to smoke in all public places, since people don't know much about electronic cigarettes. Somewhere it is allowed with no questions asked, somewhere else it will raise some eybrows and you'll have to explain what you are holding in your hand.

And they don't allow iton es for other reasons (possible panic caused by vapor on the plane, I guess)
Old 10-15-2012, 06:59 AM

ECBuggie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 1990smoker View Post
I'm thinking of trying out an E-cig, and I just wanna know if they still cause breathing problems. I don't really think it could, since it's just water vapor, and not actual smoke, which contains carbon monoxide. The only ingredients in E-cigs are water, nicotine, flavor and two others (I can't remember what they are).

So, are they really better than real cigarettes, or are they just as bad?
Since I have been using e-cigarettes and members of my family too, I have read a ton of articles, testimonies, forum-posts and some studies and I haven't found breathing problems as an issue.

What I have found as possible problem is only this:

You may experience problems with e-cigarette only if you are alergic to propylene glycol (PG). Now, if you are, you might have experienced it with some brands of toothpaste, lotions, soaps. Some people are alergic to PG, not many of them. Symptoms are usually mild: problems with throat, headaches and nausea.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:58 AM

stevenwright is on a distinguished road

It do not cause any breathing problem. I ma using it from past few months and find it really wonderful.

------------------------
Old 10-18-2012, 09:15 PM

ecig-guy is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

So, are they better for you then regular cigaretttes or are they just as bad?
I guess that depends, do you think 67 carcinogens are bad conpaired to 2 known carcinogens found in 2 e-cigarettes (the 2 where found by the fda back in 2008 i believe. They tested 19 companies and found 2 companies each had 1 carcinogen. The amounts of each found where said to be 1000 times less then needed to harm a human.you can get full details at widipedia. Vaporgurus.com also has a decent "are ecigs safe" write up.)

To be honest everything you read the jury is still out but if you do simple reasoning it just more sense to vape. 2 possible carcinogens is better then 67 known carcinogens. Plus if you put the money you save an e-cigarette win hands down. Let me tell you the best analogy Ive heard on the subject.
If you had a choice to be tied down to a railroad track and wait for an on coming train or standing in the middle of the road free to move from what could be a one headlight car or a motorcycle which would be choose.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:54 PM

the iron horse will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ecig-guy View Post
Sorry for late reply. Just wanted to let you know ive been vaping ("smoking" e-cigarettes for 3 years) I was a 20 year smoking that had a hard time walking up from the basement with a full laundry basket. Now I run up those stairs and run 3 miles a day. Ive hiking 6 of the major mountains on the east coast since I stopped smoking tradirional cigs.

I will tell you in the beginning it seems a little strange uses an e-cigarette and I was coughing a lot after 2 Weeks. I went to see my Dr and he told me the coughing was being caused by my lungs clearing up and healing from the 20 years of abuse.

Propylene Glycol and/or Vegtable glycerin are the base chemicals in most e-juice (I recommend vaporgurus.com) . warning some prefilled cartridges have been found to contain other chemicals.

Thanks for posting your experience.

Happy for ya!
Old 11-15-2013, 10:03 PM
Entry Member

Christine1005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Breathing problems

I have been using e cigs for a couple of years. Every so often I have severe breathing difficulties like unable to fill air into my lungs. I've been told by a friend that the vapor is like putting water into your lungs like having pneumonia. I stop the e cig less when this happens and my lungs return to normal. Love them but I am going through the breathing problems now and had to stay home from work because when I feel I can't breathe..triggers a panic attack. Would like to know if anyone else experiences this.